This Where the Nonsense Turns to Makesense

..A large family working to perfect our sweet skills: Loving others, making an impact, parenting on purpose, living simply, and embracing sarcasm.

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

the countdown

i am counting down the days and soon the hours until my brother and his wife visit. they are the abnormal sort of family you really want to come visit and never leave. if i could figure out a way to have Reno and them i would. maybe i could eat them.
along those notes there is a woman at our church in Vegas that said, upon meeting our baby, that she would love to "crack open her little peanut head and eat it." then i am pretty sure she licked her lips. have you met people like this? they seem to be making a complimentary statement but all you really want to do is grab your child and run away. quickly.

9 comments:

frad-ster said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
frad-ster said...

I heard monkey brain tastes good...human brain has got to be similar. Just remember to put your relatives in red riding hood costumes and grab the video camera before you put them in the cauldron - you can sell the tape on eBay later this month when the heat dies down.

sabu said...

some animals eat their youngins, i haven't heard of them eating others youngins. keep your babies safe!!!

TimmyMac said...

People like that freak me out. When my 2-year-old son, Jadon, was just a wee thing sleeping in a carrier, a man walked up to us and said, "he looks like he's dead". Really upset me and my wife.

digapigmy said...

i think it's a bit disturbing, but many people seem to think that it's a compliment to talk about eating your baby. i never figured that out. and wait until the girls' teenage years. you'll start contemplating assaulting anyone who licks their lips while looking at your young.

shontell said...

what a creepy guy!! i cant believe anyone would say your baby looks dead.
and who deleted comments on my blog!!! this is an outrage. you got sunthin to say...say it. unless its mean. i only like nice things. DO YOU HEAR ME BRENT?!! NIIIIIICE THINGS

frad-ster said...

It was me that deleted my comment I misspelled something and I wanted it fixed...so I did...so there.

digapigmy said...

(insert random nice things to make Shontell happy)

shontell said...

chanting ::MARBLE SLAB,MARBLE SLAB:: YAYA!! it was loverly. ooh and the lady gave me a coupon for a freebie. she just likes me more than you. he he