This Where the Nonsense Turns to Makesense

..A large family working to perfect our sweet skills: Loving others, making an impact, parenting on purpose, living simply, and embracing sarcasm.

Monday, February 16, 2009

My Affection for Trees and Most Things Living

I say MOST because birds bother me, some dogs drive my allergies over the edge making them highly disliked even at a distance, and things that slither or crawl (not including babies) tend to make me slither or crawl. Shudder.
TREES on the other hand, make me so very happy. It started with a verse.
He will be like a tree firmly planted by streams of water, Which yields its fruit in its season And its leaf does not wither; And in whatever he does, he prospers.~Psalm 1:3
Then I found another.
"For he will be like a tree planted by the water, That extends its roots by a stream And will not fear when the heat comes; But its leaves will be green, And it will not be anxious in a year of drought Nor cease to yield fruit.~ Jeremiah 17:8

Then I began unintentionally finding real trees that made me smile when I drove by them. I could take you to them all if you were here. They are, for some reason, cemented in my spirit. I can't explain any of it. I just know it is a desire from God simply as a part of who I am and how I appreciate the work of God's hands. Last week, my super great friends visited. One massaged the stress away with her oh-so-magic-hands and the other left this on my living room wall:











Thanks friends.

6 comments:

kris and mel said...

oh..(happy sigh)...

it's beautiful.

Unknown said...

sooooo great love it

Jenene said...

I want Jessie to fly to MY house and paint on MY wall!

No(dot dot)el said...

awesome. i especially like the carvings of names and hearts. good stuff. kuddos to the artist.

Jessie said...

YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY!!
love. much happiness. it was an honor, friend. :)

jami said...

wow.. amazing, awesome, fantastic! trees are pretty grand if i do say so myself.