This Where the Nonsense Turns to Makesense

..A large family working to perfect our sweet skills: Loving others, making an impact, parenting on purpose, living simply, and embracing sarcasm.

Saturday, October 14, 2006




This would have been me. Well, maybe my hair would be a little fro-ee-er, but I would have had no problem blending nicely with the 60s: flowers, bra burnings, Woodstock. And my husband, he would have been right next to me tunic wearing, cigarette smokin', fingers forever in the peace position. Only I would have been Joan Baez before she was Joan Baez. I heard a song on the radio today on my way home from my friend No(dot dot)el's house called "I Wish I Was a Punk Rocker." I can't begin to say how many times I have literally said some of the very same phrases from this song.
Oh I wish I was a punk rocker with flowers in my hair
In 77 and 69 revolution was in the air
I was born too late into a world that doesn't care
Oh I wish I was a punk rocker with flowers in my hair

I have always said I was born too late. Funny how God works, but dh and I have always said we should have been born twenty-ish years earlier. We would have made the best hippies ever!

8 comments:

David said...

The one group of people that punks roundly hate are hippies. I guess you have to choose which one you'd rather have been.

I hope you make the right choice.

shontell said...

and i wish you would add me to your list of commenters. what the crap david!!

TimmyMac said...

Cowboy's hate hippies too . . . I had hair down to my shoulder in college and a group of friendly crap-campers wanted to give me a special welcome to the neighborhood . . . lucky for me I was on the track team . . .

No(dot dot)el said...

i am pretty sure i would have made a good hippie except for the not shaving and dreads, oh yeah and smoking dubies or doobies or i don't know how you spell that but POT, smokin POT is what i mean.
did all hippies make special brownies like mo's mom made??

David said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
georgia said...

Okay, maybe someday I'll show you the photos of me and Dennis from the 70's and 80's.

shontell said...

oooh yes yes!!!!
I love hippy pics too. My mother was classic. too young to be a radical. and way too pregnant to be a femanist, but she could sport some hippy hair like no one I have ever seen.

scoeyd said...

Your mom is a hippy. A small one at that. Joy.