This Where the Nonsense Turns to Makesense

..A large family working to perfect our sweet skills: Loving others, making an impact, parenting on purpose, living simply, and embracing sarcasm.

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Floating in My Brain...This Could Be Scary


I regularly wake in the middle of the night because ideas suddenly pop into my brain. While I appreciate my brain's ability to help me remember things, couldn't my brain be a little more sensitive to the clock and remind me during the daylight hours? honestly. It's as if my own brain doesn't realize what a grump I become with broken or little sleep. Beastly, I tell you.


So here- here is what my brain decided was so important it had to wake me up last night:


I have to change my training date for Osh Kosh as I am already scheduled to work as a teacher.


I hope I don't have to have two years worth of experience before applying for K12 as a teacher.


Is Mike in bed? Wait, is he at work? Yes, he is at work.


Did I print out my registration paper? yes.


Am I going to fail my exam in the morning? What if I fail and I can't be a teacher when I grow up?


I can't believe my Osh Kosh hours are in the middle of the night. Idiot. Why didn't I tell them I couldn't work in the middle of the night? Stupid.


-rolling over- ow, wait, is this going to hurt. take it slooooow.


SERIOUSLY whoooo is starting their truck right now? grrr


ugh. I gotta pee. Can I hold it til morning? ...no.

10 comments:

TimmyMac said...

Funny stuff Shontell . . . I haven't checked out your blog in awhile, but as you are one of the few faithful left I intend on being a regular visitor as an encouragement to those who have hung in there against the onslaught of the evil Facebook . . .

Plus you crack you me up . . .

shontell said...

:D thanks Pluck. I AM faithful to the blog. It's my favorite online writing space. Down with FB.

No(dot dot)el said...

shontell my brain works quite the same. some of my best ideas come right before i am about to doze off and it really erks me in the morning when i am trying to remember what that brilliant idea was that i was thinking about the night before. arrghhh... so frustrating.

laura said...

Ditto to Plucky, and I am thoroughly impressed that you remembered all of that in the morning, enough so to write it down. Nice!
Down with FB. I am an official boycotter. Did you hear that "unfriend" is the US dictionary's 2009 word of the year??? sick!

No(dot dot)el said...

Your silent boycott for FB is really going to change the world girls.
Sorry I just had to be a lil feisty with you ladies since you can't punch me anytime soon :)

shontell said...

ahahaha butt hole.

miss jessica said...

you are so funny. Here's how my brain works at 2:00am: "Why isn't my baby awake? Hmm...I should go check on her. (insert loud squeek from the floor here). Crap. Now my baby's awake." ;)

Tmoneyreno said...

Shontell, practically, keep your notebook by your bed, quit drinking around 8, tell Osh Kosh that you cannot work nights because it will be hard, get regular massage. There. Problem solved. I am now like a man.

Tmoneyreno said...

Oh jeez, sorry, that was sarcastic. I mean it though, sorry.

No(dot dot)el said...

i knew that comment would get some choice words out of you :) snicker snicker!