This Where the Nonsense Turns to Makesense

..A large family working to perfect our sweet skills: Loving others, making an impact, parenting on purpose, living simply, and embracing sarcasm.

Saturday, October 22, 2011

It's Coming On Fall.

OK so fall has actually been here for a bit, but I am behind on posts. Go with me down memory lane as I share with you what fall means 'round the Brewer B&B. (Side note, we are booked up for Halloween, but we are taking reservations for November visits).
Fall in our family means:
Ribs. Reno Rib Cook Off ribs. Well, all right, I don't eat them, but they make some mean lemonade and other great goodness.



Hunting for stuff: animals, children in my neighborhood out past their curfew, mitten pairs, clearance deals from summer left overs, Elmers.



School bus rides and stops at the most inconvenient times for me.





Pumpkins. To be specific in this case, we made tiny pumpkin discoveries at the corner farmers' market. Sometime this week, we will be visiting one of the many pumpkin patches for pumpkin picking and the accompanying festivities.



Political campaigns. Layla Grace ran for class president. She didn't win, but she was a gracious loser. Then she dismantled this poster and hung it on her bed in case her roommate of a sister forgets. Her slogan was, "Vote for the new girl!", and her motto was, "Making a difference in the world since 2002!!"





Rain. Aw beautiful rainy days. And, yes. I took a picture with my phone while driving through the rain. I am a rebel dotty- a loner.


Leaves. I have never lived in a place that is so full of trees with leaves that change. The reds are almost startling. The yellows are striking. The oranges are simply beautiful. All of these are mixed in with the evergreens. It's an image of God's beauty for certain.
Did I mention pumpkins? These are in the entry of our corner farmers' market which is open all year. I love this place. They have a .25 cent candy section and seasonal fruits and veggies grown by local and nearby farmers. They also offer a glass bottle pop selection of quirky drinks that are fun for special occasion dinners.


Lunch dates at school. Izzy invited me to join her and her friends for lunch. I got to meet her bosom friends (Anne of Green Gables phrasing for you fans), and see the scary possibilities called "lunch." Please do not look at this picture straight on. You may get poked in the eye.


Fashion shows. Now, I know what you are thinking; "Where are the clothes?" But I have to say, if a straight dude were put in charge of clothing design, he very likely WOULD also turn to rolls of tape, whether duct of masking or painter's, to fashion his designs.


Movie snuggling. I love movie days. Forts, bean bags, pillows, popcorn snacks, and great flicks bring a family together.

Homework in the car. Izzy is on her school's basketball team, and Wednesday nights mean youth group runs, so much of our nightly reading happens in the car. The big kids and I are listening to Harry Potter and The Half-Blood Prince on our way into finishing the entire series before Christmas! I loved reading these with them. I highly recommend the audiobooks.

Caribou in the cemetery. Wait. What do you mean? Do your cemeteries NOT have caribou? I don't understand. Is Idaho advanced? I feel unsure how to proceed.

1 comment:

No(dot dot)el said...

I just love love love that picture of Layla Grace. So super cute that she ran for student body.
Caribou are not at my cemetery here in Washington, huh, wonder why?