This Where the Nonsense Turns to Makesense

..A large family working to perfect our sweet skills: Loving others, making an impact, parenting on purpose, living simply, and embracing sarcasm.

Sunday, February 05, 2012

The Truth Is

I have been too sick to focus on creating a blog.

I have eaten more sugar this week than I wanted.

I have guilt over several favors or responsibilities I am supposed to be attending to.

I am feeling slightly overstretched, so I am reverting to my old tactic of ignoring everything.

We need the money, so my schedule can't really change.

I wish my husband's love language was quality time; he would feel a lot more loved these past several weeks I spent coughing on my couch.

I hate how much I am missing my kids.

I am not scared that my daughter will be in high school next year; she is amazing, and God has big plans for her.

I wish I could take a vacation from my problems. With my husband. and my kids. and a nanny.

Madonna's half time show scared me until the final song.

I too would like to experience a gospel choir back me as I sing.

I like that Sam randomly breaks into versions of Flag of America, a song he learned from Ms. Jessica, his preschool teacher.

I wish the Super Bowl commercials were funnier this year.

I wish I could afford to send Samuel to his kindergarten full-time, which is really only part-time, but it's everyday.

I wish I had an office in which I could work on my book and hang up my research.

I would probably be lonely as my love language IS in fact quality time.

3 comments:

No(dot dot)el said...

Ahem... I do believe that Flag of America well... guess who taught Miss Jessica that song with the signs as well. Just think credit should be given where credit is due :)
And I planning on getting some quality time with you very soon. I wasn't kidding.

Erica said...

I didn't think the commercials were that funny either this year on the super bowl.hmmmm at least the game was close

shontell said...

Dear No(dot dot)el. I thought you would say that. And I take it back. I should have checked before I said a peep.

Erica, HEY! Where have you been? I miss seeing you on here.