This Where the Nonsense Turns to Makesense

..A large family working to perfect our sweet skills: Loving others, making an impact, parenting on purpose, living simply, and embracing sarcasm.

Thursday, January 05, 2006

the studio is full of prizes just waiting to be won!

BY MEEEEE!!!
guess what i got in my email box yesterday....just guess...you'll never guess so let me tell you.
as it turns out the WHEEL OF FORTUNE has asked me to come back for a final audition. :)
soooo. set your prayer clocks for wednesday jan 18th at 2:30. that is my interview. i need my voice to be back so i can sing if they ask me if i have any special talents. i realize this is not american idol (sadly i am officially too old) but on stage in front of all those people that are just too excited to be there! they love singers. it worked for my sis in law who left that stage with 20 something g's.
yay for me yay for me. i have made my husband smile twice in one month. gitty smiling too. first the whole boy thing....then the wheel. and honestly american idol is starting its new season the night before my audition! could i *be any happier (say this in your best chinandler bong voice )

10 comments:

scoeyd said...

you could be their poster girl... though I didn't know Wheel of Torture was still on the Tee Vee.

No(dot dot)el said...

i am so happy for you my friend. mo gave me the mesg. but when i tried to call again busy. mustv'e been tellin the world.
who's chinandler??

Jeni said...

I didn't know that there was an age limit for American Idol... I guess I'd better cancel my plans to audition next year. (I was hoping to be the next William Hung... He he he!)

digapigmy said...

chandler bong? is that from the stoner version of friends? i should try out. i was very good at the show as a younger kid. haven't watched it in years. i'm way too boring, though. i'll be praying for you. i think you'd be way too much fun on that show, and you must be way good to get called back and all.

digapigmy said...

btw, if the category is "characters" and ch__dl_r b__g is up, go ahead and buy an "i".

shontell said...

lol. to all of you.
i am too excited! i need to simmer down.
and you are all rookies. dont you remember that chandler used to get the tv guide but didnt want to pay so he put it in the name of chinandler bong so they could never find him lol.

and jeni...i think we could all vote right now whether or not you should be voted the next mr. hung (whose christmas cd i own by the way)
cast your votes here please.
i say heck yes.

Laura said...

OMG brat. I love you, so you better win big money!
And you're welcome for the William - HUNG FOR THE HOLIDAYS CD... I knew that'd come in handy someday. ROFL!

frad-ster said...

lucky!!

my cousin was on WOF back in the 90's - she won like $25k - you should do that too :)

Jessie said...

FYI for those of you that "claim" to be fans of Friends but really just half-heartedly watch it... "chinandler bong" was the name on his TV guide.

SWEET shontell!!!! i am so excited for you! I CAN'T WAIT TO HEAR HOW IT GOESES!!!!

shontell said...

i called work and told them there was something i needed time off for. :/ they havent made the schedule yet but i am supposed to give two weeks notice. i am willing to quit...seriously if they dont give me the day off. i tried to stress how important it was that i have the day off, but everytime i imagined the conversation it seemed to be a weak punchline.
me-yah i need wednesday off.
them-umm, well we can try to make it happen but there are no promises.
me-okay, but this is something that is really important and i cant get out of it.
them- okay what is it?
me- i might be going to prison....uuugh okay it's not prison. i might be getting on the wheel of fortune.