This Where the Nonsense Turns to Makesense

..A large family working to perfect our sweet skills: Loving others, making an impact, parenting on purpose, living simply, and embracing sarcasm.

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Extra Week


Because Christmas was on a Thursday, and I guess just the timing of everything, I feel like I have been given an extra week to end the year. It has given me time to reflect and fall in love a little deeper with my husband and my children. It has helped me to appreciate my extended family more (and just a little, appreciate that they live far away.) It has given me time to reflect on what God has called me to this past year. And, it has given me lots of time to play with my new Christmas toys :D
I hope you all feel this same sense of extra time. Real life goes on: people need to eat, nap, errands need to be run because no matter how many times I stop at Target OR the grocery store I can't seem to remember to buy my children toothpaste. BUT, if you have any free minutes. Read your bible, hug your kids, or read your bible to your kids while hugging them. Take pictures, eat treats, snuggle up to a movie or a good book: these are a few of my favorite things.

4 comments:

Erica said...

rain drops on roses and whiskers on kittens...... It does seem like an extra week and there's another holiday coming up..new years day!

Jeni said...

Does it count if I hug my cat and read my Bible to him? :)

shontell said...

completely :) OR hug my kids and read to them. We are thinking of downsizing with the economy and everything.

Jenene said...

I soooo didn't know we could downsize. I totally thought we had to keep them. Can I bring one or two up to Mike's station with no questions asked?