This Where the Nonsense Turns to Makesense

..A large family working to perfect our sweet skills: Loving others, making an impact, parenting on purpose, living simply, and embracing sarcasm.

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Why I Like Mike #18


There really are too many reasons, but TODAY I like Mike because he said my Christmas present should be delivered soon. WHAT?! "You aren't going shopping on Christmas Eve this year? But, what who is my brother going to shop with?" hmm. For years I have tried to explain to him how incredibly easy I am to please. He has just been very 'man' about focusing on the now and not so much a planner. I am so excited to get a present for Christmas. I mean, I usually get presents, I just usually pick them out with him by my side. In his defense, this is also happiness for me as my love language is quality time.

Speaking of presents, some of my favorite gifts we are giving this year are:

The game of Candyland
The game of Hungry Hungry Hippo
a very cute little pull along doggy for Sam
an unbelievable coloring book I got at Old Navy (random, I know)
and a video game in which you shoot cows with plungers. giggle.

8 comments:

Jessie said...

oh i cannot wait to hear how the video game goes over with your kiddos. seriously it is the randomest, funniest, weirdest, most hysterical game EVER.

Unknown said...

I need to know what game that is it sounds fun?

Jenene said...

Woohoo...plungers, cows, bunnies gone bad! Gotta love Rayman!

scoeyd said...

Mike. Mike. Mike. Mike.

And my verification is "shert"

shontell said...

Scoey is sort of like Kaitlin; "Rick Rick Rick Rick. What's your favorite COLOR!?"

Jenene said...

Rick Rick Rick Rick someone's at the door Rick. Can I feed the iguanna Rick? (rrrrick, i don't want to feed the iguanna)

:::snort::: my word verification is crolobl.

A Bit Of Everything said...

Christmas shopping is ALMOST done! A few more things for the kiddos, then I AM DONE! I cannot talk for hubby, but he is on his own time table, and always manages to make the deadline.

A Bit Of Everything said...

You are not alone friend in the husband shopping! I think it is in their DNA.