This Where the Nonsense Turns to Makesense

..A large family working to perfect our sweet skills: Loving others, making an impact, parenting on purpose, living simply, and embracing sarcasm.

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Today I...


*Woke up at 6:30- on a Saturday! Really!? blech
*went back to sleep until 7





*was greeted in bed by Miss Addison who will be 4 in two days
*did a double take on my new tattoo to ensure I didn't have buyers remorse (I don't!)
*ate Cheerios for breakfast
*watched the rest of a cheesy Hallmark Christmas movie and loved it
*got five kids plus a sleepover friend dressed warmly for ice skating
*took five kids plus a sleepover friend to ice skating lessons downtown
*rewarded all the cold noses with Starbucks chocolate, hot, one soy
*they all changed their minds at the last minute and ended up getting chocolate milk, cold, one soy
*dropped off sleepover friend
*played in the snow with the kids until the man got home from work/study session for school
*played Pick The Chore Out of The Cup game to make cleaning more fun
*warmed our buns in front of the fire place
*drove around town for 2 hours until I found proper school shoes for my son, solid black
*snuggled with my husband with no interruptions
*came home to him painting my kitchen (I think he read my previous post :))
*worked on a puzzle with Layla Grace
*Played Apples to Apples Jr. with my babysitter, Izzy, Layla, and Addie while the boys played Yahtzee next to us
*read chapter 3 of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone aloud to my kids before bed
*wrapped presents and got things ready for Addison's birthday party tomorrow night
*watched National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, again
*was happy for all of it.

6 comments:

Jenene said...

Holy crap, you just reminded me that Olivia's birthday is on Monday.

No(dot dot)el said...

whew, so glad to know you don't have buyer's remorse. that would have sucked to read that on here.

Anonymous said...

I totally remember when Squirrel was born. Happy Birthday mommy and squirrel!

digapigmy said...

wow . . . you did more that day than i do all week. you're kind of like the marines, i guess.

Joelle said...

Wait you totally forgot to mention that you talked on the phone with your dear friend Joelle. Edit that post and add me in please! Happy Birthday Addison!

Liz said...

Uh, excuse me?? Where are the pics of the new tatoo??? And happy birthday Addison~ what a cool birth story to have!!!