This Where the Nonsense Turns to Makesense

..A large family working to perfect our sweet skills: Loving others, making an impact, parenting on purpose, living simply, and embracing sarcasm.

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Rough Day

So many things go through your mind when you have to take your child to the emergency room. Today I had to take Eli into the ER because he showed up at my bedside in hysterical tears. After a lot of other symptoms I will spare you from reading about, it became apparent that something real was happening.

At the end of the day, the doctor mostly ruled out appendicitis, but said it could be an infection, or not. As helpful as all that is, I am grateful.
I am grateful for my son.
I am grateful for my husband's job and the fact that he was free to leave whenever he needed to without feeling pressure.
I am grateful to God for insurance.
I am grateful to God for my neighbor and sister who were both willing to drop everything and just help.
I am grateful that I am a mother and get to experience life, no matter how painfully real, with my children.
I am grateful for the staff at the hospital that talked my son out of a panic attack (literally) over his fear of all things needle.
I am grateful that my kids didn't see me cry today.
I am grateful that I can make a couple calls and know that people are willing to grab a knee immediately to pray for my children.
I am grateful that God chose me- his peace was overwhelming today.

6 comments:

kris and mel said...

and i am so grateful that all is okay. i love you guys!

Unknown said...

peace that transcends all understanding. i love that. you are my fave my friend.

Jessie said...

Glad Eli is okay!

And... Erin - shun.

No(dot dot)el said...

so glad to hear that you and eli weathered one of the scariest storms in life.
glad it wasn't an appendix that had to be removed. that is so not fun.
glad too for you and i both that in those moments we have an anchor because i seriously know that without that peace there is nothing.
love you friend let me know if there is anything i can do.

A Bit Of Everything said...

Glad Eli is well! Praise God!

scoeyd said...

I was here.