This Where the Nonsense Turns to Makesense

..A large family working to perfect our sweet skills: Loving others, making an impact, parenting on purpose, living simply, and embracing sarcasm.

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Detox Schmetox

I am one week into a 28 day detox of my organs and any part of my body food affects. The number of things my body is not doing is about equal to the things it is doing that it shouldn't be. It all leads to pain, and a friend reminded me that just because there are bad things doesn't mean I have to talk about them. I feel that is excellent, so I will not be sharing that list of bad v good with you.


Instead I am going to tell you that my detox consists of morning and afternoon pills of vitamin nonsense (I use nonsense in a positive way here)


I haven't had caffeine for ten days and I am still alive


I have not been eating sugar, which means my body has been in shock that I am no longer shoveling it in by the fistfuls.


I no longer feel such a strong need to eat preservative containing foods.


Tomorrow I start week two which means there are new levels to the detox. I will let you know how it goes. So far, so great. I have SO much more energy even though I have been very much pulled in a gazillion directions over the previous two weeks.

Here is my coffee pot. He is in hibernation. sad.

7 comments:

A Bit Of Everything said...

Are you going to have a memorial for the coffee pot? If so, I would like to be there and place flowers at the site.

Erica said...

more energy! maybe I should try this detox.

Hillary said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Murdoc said...

Any detox that doesn't include coffee is gay.

Tmoneyreno said...

whatever Murdoc, no coffee could be good. Good job Shontell, I am pround of you. Could you get on some recipes for me so that I don't have a hunger headache please????

No(dot dot)el said...

that is some kinda crazy going on in the brewer household. why would you do this to yourself? it sounds like a cruel form of torture to me.

but...if you feel better for it ...more power to ya sista.
very impressive self-control.

shontell said...

LOL to all of your comments.
T-I am consumed in something no one else feels is valuable right now. BUT I promise to get stuff posted asap. I have to write a paper and do some church work, but I will do my best to work on it.
No(dot dot)el- you know what would make things better? Watching my husband get tattooed, or adding another to my rep. Let me know what dates are available. If you don't respond on here, I will call.