This Where the Nonsense Turns to Makesense

..A large family working to perfect our sweet skills: Loving others, making an impact, parenting on purpose, living simply, and embracing sarcasm.

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

It's Coming on Christmas, They're Cutting Down Trees



Ah, the happiness that was once Joni Mitchell. Not a fan? My oldest brother is. This information was weird for me to hear as well. I digress.


It's the time of year for greatness:


snuggles


tall socks


toe socks


short socks


Santa socks


hot drinks


blankets


handmade quilts draped across the arm of the couch


visitors, the kind you never want to leave (J.H & M.H. & R.H. & R.H)


anticipating snow


bundling in coats, hats, scarves, and mittens


boots (ah boots)


naked trees


these are a few of my favorite things.


I just love this time of year. I have a list of movies I save for this time of year. I will save that list for another post.


I have been reading a silly amount of books lately.


Here is a fast list of my seasonal favorites from various categories:





Drink: Pumpkin Spiced Latte


Tune: My Love by Sia


Socks: over the knee, striped


Shoes: tall multi shades of brown


Outerwear: grey cord knit sweater with large wooden buttons


Book: The Hunger Games Series. SOOO GREAT!


Movie: You've Got Mail and Little Women (I don't trust people who can narrow their movie pick to one no matter for how short a time. shady)


Free time (snort): quilting and scrapping




My little black heart and I just LOVE this time of year.


No comments: