This Where the Nonsense Turns to Makesense

..A large family working to perfect our sweet skills: Loving others, making an impact, parenting on purpose, living simply, and embracing sarcasm.

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Chapter 5, Page 7

That's where I am in THE BOOK. Glad for it, but I wish I was further. And by that I mean I wish I spent less time feeling tired for myself and more time exuding effort.

Yesterday I heard a guy say something like, "Spiritual goals are fantastic, but they mean little without human effort to spur them on. Just as human effort is nice, but it all means nothing if God's spiritual goals aren't the focal point."

Profound. Simple. A little bit rude. So, I woke at 6. Rolled my human effort out of bed at 6:10. And I accomplished some of God's spiritual goals for my life. The best part? Spending this time with God. The worst part? Now I have to go to work, and I don't feel nearly finished.

No comments: