This Where the Nonsense Turns to Makesense

..A large family working to perfect our sweet skills: Loving others, making an impact, parenting on purpose, living simply, and embracing sarcasm.

Thursday, November 29, 2012

The Praying Wives (or wife to be) Club

Also known as PW(OWTB)C. Rolls off the tongue, doesn't it?

Hello girls! This is the place to share some info, ask some questions, and lift a sister up. SOLIDARITY SISTER! Maybe we could don sashes and sing Sister Suffragette together, I don't know, but I am so happy for every woman that has made a commitment to pray for her man over this next thirty days. Want more info? Want to join us? Click here.

Here are a few of my favorite thoughts so far.

pg. 14
"Many difficult things that happen in a marriage relationship are actually part of the enemy's plan set up for its demise."
It's just the truth. We do not war against flesh and blood. We do not war against our men. And if we ARE declaring war against our men, we are working for the devil. :/ too harsh? it's just the truth. And I want to be on the right side.

pg. 17
"A wife's prayers for her husband have a far greater effect on him than anyone else's..."
Our prayers for our husbands have divine gravity.

pg. 23
"It's your responsibility to pray. It's God's job to answer. Leave it in His hands."
The end.

How about you? Favorite moments? Not so favorite moments?

4 comments:

rachelcantwell said...

Pg. 18:
There is so much at stake if we don't pray. Can you imagine praying for the right side of your body and not the left? If the right side is not sustained and protected and it falls, it's going to bring down the left side with it. The same is true of you and your husband (in my case, husband to be).
Pg. 23:
It's our responsibility to pray and God's job to answer. Leave it in HIS hands.
Pg. 27:
The point is not WHO needs to change. The point is who is WILLING to change.
Pg. 30:
Instead of nagging, ask how you can pray for your husband. She said that when she asks her husband that, he will typically stop what he's doing and answer the question in great detail when he might otherwise not say anything.
Pg. 32:
THIS WAS THE BIGGY FOR ME!
No matter how much we apologize, words can't be erased. They can only be forgiven and that isn't always easy. I speak before thinking a lot.
Thanks for letting me be in the club, ya'll!!!

shontell said...

Yes!! I really liked the first point you mentioned, too. Praying for half of my body is sheer silliness. Do I need more silliness? No.

No(dot dot)el said...

I really loved the point Rachel made as well from pg 18. Seems so silly that we wouldn't be always praying like this for our other half.
I have really been enjoying the book and I'm now on chapter 6. The last one about Affection really made me want to step up my game in that department.
I'm thankful for the PWOwTBC ;)

shontell said...

Me TOO. Especially when I accidentally left. Cd of photographs of my kids in mikes computer and he thought I did it to be sweet. He said "I really love when you do things like this" um. Awkward.