This Where the Nonsense Turns to Makesense

..A large family working to perfect our sweet skills: Loving others, making an impact, parenting on purpose, living simply, and embracing sarcasm.

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

bull crackers

i think it is funny that my pastor mentioned "substitute" words for naughty words. he said they are really the same, which, i assume he was reffering to our heart and attitude when saying anything, especially dirty words.
some i have come up with just cause i can. i dont have the issue of potty mouthing, but i hope i dont cause any of you to stumble.
..holy buckets
..son of a nutcracker! (thanks buddy)
..bull crackers
..tom foolery...this is a favorite
..aah nutsa (my son's favorite)
..holy crap
..oh gladiolas (brent, i dont know how to spell this word..nor do i really want to)
..broccoli head cheese car drivers (what i yell when my kids are in the car to allow my road rage)
..rotten little hooker (my husbands favorite. though i am not sure what it means...well, maybe i do and i am in denial.) :/

14 comments:

moses said...

try these two: park bench and
ball shack

scoeyd said...

why I like mike #5 - nice sr. brewer!

digapigmy said...

i remember a beastie boys song where they rhymed tom foolery with chuck woolrey. that is pretty frickin' funny.

TimmyMac said...

personally I like "freakin'" and "what the crap?" I've had to quit using what we delicately call the "s" word as my 5-year-old ever viligently tells me not to say that.

Murdoc said...

Moses is a park bench & full of ball shed. Unless my mommy tells me that substitute words are the same as the real ones, I will say sheba & shittake mushrooms...

JayBird said...

i vaguely remember some words from my parents:

fudge, dag-nab, & cotton pickin'

looking @ what i wrote, those sub words seem a little bit country & not so much rock-n-roll.

scoeyd said...

why i like mike #6- he carries a picture of a fish in his back pocket & will show it to people (meaning: men) w/a great deal of pride & joy. u r a lucky woman sung-hung-o-nung-tung-e-lung-lung-e

digapigmy said...

shontell - you've managed to offend someone again. good going. and tell your kids to stop hitting rocks at scot's truck!

Jeni said...

How about "Son of a motherless goat"?
(Name the movie...)

digapigmy said...

another steve martin movie. you guys are making my day. that movie is so famous, it's in-famous

Double D said...

I know what movie...which is good because I'm playing weekend warriors this weekend...too bad we're not gambling...or have any hover tanks

shontell said...

brent
the very mention of "those neighbors" cause me to stumble. and he wasnt throwing them at the car. he was throwing them over their wall. gossiper.

digapigmy said...

word on the street is that you are two of the few parents on the block that aren't mind numbingly irritating. can you confirm that?
maybe i am happy to live on my block after all.

No(dot dot)el said...

LOL. the comments are almost as funny as the post.