This Where the Nonsense Turns to Makesense

..A large family working to perfect our sweet skills: Loving others, making an impact, parenting on purpose, living simply, and embracing sarcasm.

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Daddy's gone a-huntin'

Mike took the kids out hiking. Well, he wanted to take them fishing, but none of them were in the mood so I suggested hiking. For a man who bleeds fish, that wasn't a good suggestion. oops. He is a good daddy though. He took them hiking after they fished for a bit. They each caught a "walter" (a big fish) and went looking for antlers. I am new to this whole outdoor life, but don't the deer need those antlers? Strange. Even stranger, my husband said he got a tag to hunt a swan and he wants to eat it for Thanksgiving dinner. :/

3 comments:

David said...

One time when I was 13 and lived in Missouri, I was at a lake and I threw a big rock into the water, but it hit a swan instead. It died. All of the other swans gathered around it and started squawking loudly. I ran.

Jeni said...

Hmmm... Is it because the Thanksgiving turkey isn't PRETTY enough?

shontell said...

The whole idea of hunting is odd to me. I mean, I understand our need for food, and Bucky fed us well (Bucky being the deer head hanging on my living room wall. sigh)