This Where the Nonsense Turns to Makesense

..A large family working to perfect our sweet skills: Loving others, making an impact, parenting on purpose, living simply, and embracing sarcasm.

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

hash browns everywhere, but not a drop to drink


My neighbor (13) stopped by the other day. She played with Addie and the other kids, then helped us get started on Christmas sewing projects, and ended her time her by throwing up on me, my carpet, my couch, REALLY ALL OVER MY COUCH,my wall, the sewing projects, my sewing machine...name it! And to top it off, her parents were at work with no intentions of coming home so I was left to clean up everything. YAY! The only thing that made it more especially super special was the fact that she apparently ate hash browns for breakfast... a lot of them. ew. Now, two days late, we are still smothering our couch in deodorizers trying to rid our cushions of her complimentary aroma. Nothing is working and my mom said I am not allowed to ask the family to pay to clean our couch.

8 comments:

georgia said...

Maybe you could ask them over for dinner and serve on tv trays, eating where the vomit still stinks. Then when they ask what that smell is, you could tell them and mention how much trouble you've had getting rid of it. If only you could have the couches steamed, (sigh)....

Oh well, at least she hadn't just drunk red koolaid--that would have left a wonderful stain to go with the odor.

David said...

All I hear while I read this latest post is "Chrismastime is Here" by the Vince Guaraldi Trio that is on the Peanuts Christmas Special. It makes the whole scene a bit more cinematic and less real . . . which is good, because I bet it sucks in real life.

No(dot dot)el said...

ohhhhh man that sucks so bad it's not even funny nor could any part of what you experienced be funny but somehow, you have managed to find the humor in it my friend and for that you should be commended.

shontell said...

:) thakns friend. I am working on my fruits of the spirit. The daily blog I get in my mail box recommended I write down which of the fruits I would especially like God to help me work on. I sighed when I couldn't narrow it down to less that..oh nine of them. I am obviously a work in progress!

Jeni said...

Well, to get rid of the odor, you could burn the couch... Then, rather than asking your family to pay to clean your couch, you can ask them to pay to get you a NEW couch! ;)

Jen's World said...

That really stinks. Literally.

Anonymous said...

Hey KAY!!!!!,

Our friends with the new baby two doors down from you just got a new couch...their old one is in the garage...I saw it!

BOB

shontell said...

ooh. interesting...very interesting.