This Where the Nonsense Turns to Makesense

..A large family working to perfect our sweet skills: Loving others, making an impact, parenting on purpose, living simply, and embracing sarcasm.

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Just a day in the life


I don't know why people assume that since I have many children, I must be good at what I do. I don't necessarily think God works this way in all situations. In our case, we just happened to be loony enough for the job so God kept the kids coming. This natural tendency toward insanity has come in handy considering I feel I have given birth to 5 of the oddest children ever!! During our chaotic, but fun, photo shoot, my friend snapped this shot. I love that she included it in our proofs. It shows A) that she finds humor in the same things I do, which is why I haven't lived near her for almost 4 years, but we seem to pick up where we left of whenever we get together, and B) I am a stellar multi-tasker. I mean, seriously- let's take inventory of everything happening here:
I am on the phone
I am carrying Samuel (you missed him wiggling out of my arms)
I am paying attention to Elijah as he does his new dance number
My clothes match AND are clean
My hair is freshly washed and actually put up a bit
I am walking out of my van, which has to mean I just came from somewhere really important,
and I am wearing tennis shoes, which means I planned to exercise, right? HAHA

In actuality I shouldn't be on the phone because I don't have daytime minutes,
I just pinched Sam's leg to keep him from falling to the cement,
I am totally ignoring Elijah as he is more interested in the camera anyway,
I did lay my clothes out the night before which was easy because they just came from the store (where I shouldn't have spent money on them in the first place),
My hair is deceiving because it was washed a day before as I always have better hair a few days after the wash,
I actually had the kids stashed in the van eating marshmallows while the others were having their pictures taken,
I was feeling chubby and didn't feel like sucking in my gut for pictures, so I wore exercise-ish pants to avoid a muffin top,
and I wore tennis shoes because they matched my pants better than my loafers.
See, all you moms who think I set a standard to live by..you too can be just like me. You just have to be a liiiitle bit lazier. :D

11 comments:

Denae said...

Seriously, your blogs always make me laugh and this is definitely NO exception! Always remember, Shontell is my NERD! Oh, I mean HERO! (right?? ::wink::)

xoxo

TimmyMac said...

That was funny, Shontell . . . plus, I like the Christmas look of your blog . . .

Jessie said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA
yes.

i love this photo too!

Liz said...

I love this pic...you do look like the ultimate mom there! Thanks for being so real!

Erica said...

Good blog, Shontell, I liked the comparison you made. Pictures are deceiving :)

shontell said...

*I am deceiving. I seriously suck in my stomach ALL the time. I am really chubby like a toddler.

Jeni said...

But toddlers are cute! ;)

No(dot dot)el said...

ilove this post. truly one of the greats.

No(dot dot)el said...

Yep, I remember this one. And I'm gonna comment again because I don't think you do yourself justice here. Because seriously you are the Queen of multi-tasking. For goodness sakes girl you just packed up and moved your whole brew crew in a matter of 14 days. Stellar in my book.

shontell said...

;) thanks friend. The prayer support helps fo SHO

Jeni said...

Noel's link-up is the best. I really enjoyed reading this post a second time.