This Where the Nonsense Turns to Makesense

..A large family working to perfect our sweet skills: Loving others, making an impact, parenting on purpose, living simply, and embracing sarcasm.

Saturday, July 19, 2008

Deep Thoughts Not at All by Jack Handy


Layla Grace is getting to be so beautiful. She has always been striking, but now that she is getting a little older, I find I can't take my eyes off that girl. My favorite part is what a total smarty pants she is. The boys aren't going to know if they love her more for her looks or her brains. Because she has done so well in her schooling at home, we had her tested for grade placement for her start in public school next month. She breezed through the first grade assessments, and the teacher said she would do great as a 2nd grader. We prayed and prayed about the right decision. God gave us our clear answer when we called the school district and they informed us she has to be seven years old before she is allowed to skip a grade. That is fine. I am grateful for the pros of her staying put. I am still worried she will be bored in first grade, but I am trusting God to place her with a challenging teacher.

My husband, the hottest fire fighter this city has ever seen has been working like crazy. I feel blessed for the overtime and the opportunity to make money when so many people are struggling, but is it selfish to just want my man home?

My little son Samuel is upstairs sleeping in his very own big boy bed. :( sniff. I can't even believe he is old enough for that, but it has been killing him not to do EVERYthing just like his big brother. Sigh. I love it, it scares me, and makes me sad all at the same time.

I get to go see my nephews in a couple of days. I would put both of them on here, but I only have the one picture of the one nephew, so for now you get to look at the greatest Sanjaya look alike EVER.
UPDATE!! I got a new picture of the boys. Here are my cutie nephews, Adam and Noah.

3 comments:

Matty C. said...

Jessie's Girl was playing as I was reading this blog. I haven't heard that song in forever. Gotta love the 80's!

shontell said...

Well, I don't- love the 80s I mean. Only because in the 80s I was so in a deep crush with Elvis Presley (the younger year) I had no time for 80s music. When I was a tween my dad bought the entire 50s and 60s music set of albums from Time Life Magazine. I couldn't have been happier. Plus, if you didn't like to choreograph, the 80s tunes just werent meant for you. Don't lie, did you used to dance to Thriller?

scoeyd said...

Nice - can't wait until my niece is big.

The Bean & I are off to Virginia 8/9... how's the humidity?