This Where the Nonsense Turns to Makesense

..A large family working to perfect our sweet skills: Loving others, making an impact, parenting on purpose, living simply, and embracing sarcasm.

Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Music is a Part of Me


I don't know if everyone can understand this statement. I mean, I know you all get what I am saying (I like to think i attract an educated audience), but I don't know if everyone can relate to what music is to me. Music has always been a major part of who God created me to be. It is a love. I hope it is like that for other people. It is probably, but possibly about other things like sports, carpentry, art, and the like. Anyway, I was reading my biblio this morning and jotting down prayers in my journal, and this came to mind. I like when God just gives me a song. I thought I would share. It doesn't happen often, but when it does, it isn't like I am writing a song. It's like I am writing down something someone just said. It usually comes out about that fast. Then it sits in my journal. So, I will share this one. I can't so much sing it to you though. Dang technology.

Let me worship you
with more than singing.
Let me worship you
with more than bringing.

For you are
God in heaven.
For you are
God in heaven.
For you are
Lord, here with me.

Let me worship you.

More than words on a page
More than here on this stage
Let me worship you.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

i love it. and you. you can perform it for me when i visit you.

Jeni said...

I completely understand what you are saying as this happens to me occasionally-- problem is, I don't write music and I don't want to sing for people because my voice is just okay, so they just sit in notebooks collecting dust... :)

Unknown said...

Beautiful thank you for sharing. When the Lord moves it is so special, you are so special.

Jenene said...

thanks, friend.

Jessie said...

oooo i want you to sing it to me too. :)

digapigmy said...

there is a way to post voice. you need to get a Grand Central account. then you can just call the number and it records your phone calls. you can subsequently pick a recording and post it.

it's a lot of work.

shontell said...

SOOOO, I could have an office quote play during EVERY post?

Joelle said...

Awesome song can you call me and leave me a message(like you singing that song). Miss you girl!