This Where the Nonsense Turns to Makesense

..A large family working to perfect our sweet skills: Loving others, making an impact, parenting on purpose, living simply, and embracing sarcasm.

Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Numbers


2- number of children upstairs sleeping
1- number of children I am homeschooling these days
19- number of classes I have left until I am a graduate
1- number of couches I still need for my loft
37- number of shows I DVR each week
5- number of children my husband needs babysat next Wednesday night so he can leave early for his hunting trip
5- number of days said husband will be gone on hunting trip
7- number of miles I cycled this morning at the Y where I am now a member
12- number of children who now live on our street
2- number of quilts I am currently working on
4- number of books I am reading
1- number of pets we now have- Mocha the hamster died..sniff. :(
30- number of days until Halloween (nearly my favorite holiday)
5- number of ginormous candy bags I have in my pantry just awaiting young trick or treaters
13- number of years ago that my husband proposed in this very month. (I bet my mom a taco that he wasn't going to. I still owe her a taco.)
100- the note streak I got on Guitar Hero last night while playing I Love Rock and Roll

5 comments:

Unknown said...

were you taking into account that you are the mother of almost half of the children on your street?

Jeni said...

Great list. 5 ginormous bags of candy seems like overkill-- unless of course you're trying to make sure you personally are well stocked for the remainder of the year... :)

shontell said...

We will go through 5 bags in about one hour. Our neighborhood is teeming with creatures. Halloween is a fest in our neighborhood. Want to come over for chili and grilled cheese?

jami said...

what about, 1 is the loneliest number?
i liked reading your list.

Chemane said...

Wow. I'll bet you a taco that all 5 bags do not make it until Halloween. :)

Love your list.