This Where the Nonsense Turns to Makesense

..A large family working to perfect our sweet skills: Loving others, making an impact, parenting on purpose, living simply, and embracing sarcasm.

Friday, April 10, 2009

Surviving College


I hope this doesn't make me sound unloving, but I love my husband's work schedule. His schedule is a little crazy for some families, but for us, we like waking up to him coming home each morning. He works 24 hours at a time, which means I have to sleep alone every other night, but I have risen to the occasion, and I have come to enjoy my nights. I get into bed right after I tuck in my children- 8pm. Now that I have a tv in my room (we stole the kids' 19 incher from the loft), I can turn on mindless tv while i wile away the hours over homework.


Tonight I am doing just that. I have two episodes of The Office to catch up on and a week's worth of homework I haven't been able to do. Between family, friends, working 4 days this week, and getting ready for Easter (home and church), I have my work cut out for me. Mike just left for work, and he will be home Easter morning. That equals lots of homeworking. As much as I would LOVE to have my husband here, the fact is, I have a LOT of homework these days. I have 16 months left of this homework. So, for now, I see this schedule as a perk.

2 comments:

Erica said...

no more blogging, girlfriend! Get to work!!:). 2 episodes of the Office? you won't be able to take your eyes off the screen.

A Bit Of Everything said...

You my friend, are doing WONDERFUL! I am so very proud of you. You are almost there...it will go by fast. I know, I am jut about there! Go Shontell Go!