This Where the Nonsense Turns to Makesense

..A large family working to perfect our sweet skills: Loving others, making an impact, parenting on purpose, living simply, and embracing sarcasm.

Thursday, April 02, 2009

Cutting out Stress..hmmmm

Health issues suck, especially when you know you are the cause of them. The medical advice I have received lately has been less than helpful only because I feel I am not able to do what the professionals are recommending-either I don't agree with them, or I don't think it will work. So far the most common advice I get from good intenders is


You need to reduce the stress in your life.

While I agree that, I don't feel I have much I am able to cut out.


I mean, sometimes my husband stresses me out when he forgets to tell me I am right, but I don't want to cut him out. Then, all those children certainly add a lot to my day, but considering they aren't involved in anything extra curricular, it would come down to feeding them and keeping up with homework that keeps me rushed. Depending on how you parent, I suppose you could cut down on some of that. I don't think selling them is completely ethical, though they would fetch me a pretty penny with all their sweet skills!


I feel the need to sell items to get my total money makeover started, but considering my husband is not at all involved in doing it, I feel defeated already. I am not saying this to judge him; just pointing out that he is more balanced than I am and he is probably right. sigh. dang it. SEE the stress he causes me (murmur murmur mumble groan.)


My job is a necessity right now because of money, Mike losing his overtime is stressful because of money, driving places is stressful because of money, paying for school is stressful because of money, grocery shopping is stressful because of money....


Maybe I am stressed over money. I need creativity, peace, and faith. The money will come, or I have faith my need for it will decrease.


3 comments:

Erica said...

your humor is a stress reliever for me! I just had a great idea! A tip jar for the great teachers at LL? :)

shontell said...

AHAHA well, now that I count as one of those, SURE! :) Don't you know, teachers are in it for the love of the children and the happiness of the parents? Sigh. Money doesn't hurt. Just saying.

A Bit Of Everything said...

Hey friend! One thing at a time...remember the words of Christ! Today is all we have! Look up sista'
and call me - love ya
Love the tip jar idea! I think I might use it in my classroom!