This Where the Nonsense Turns to Makesense

..A large family working to perfect our sweet skills: Loving others, making an impact, parenting on purpose, living simply, and embracing sarcasm.

Saturday, January 26, 2008

Can You See Me Now?


So, I went to the Eye Guy on Friday. It went well: the lady made me look at weird pictures and fuzzy lines, the lady blew air in my eye (could have done without that), the guy made me answer lots of questions. I guess the usual check up sort of stuff. Then the amusing part came when my doctor gave me my diagnosis. Apparently, my eyes are tired. ::scoff:: What was that? You made me pay you how much money to tell me that? Next time, how about we make it a phone visit to cover all the obvious information. Then, maybe it won't cost me so much. I have eyeball fatigue, which is causing my eyes to wear out before my day is through. I am good in the morning, but as the day progresses, my eyes begin to shut down making it difficult for me to see clearly. The bad news is I had to pay a lot of money I didn't feel like paying. The good news is I got the greatest pair of glasses: red and blue with flowers on the sides. They are the greatest throw back to the 60s. I will just like my mother, which is a compliment.

9 comments:

Erin S. said...

I heart glasses. Especially men in glasses. It's the whole Clark Kent thing, like my Shane.

Joelle said...

Make sure you have one of those steller photographers in your house take a pic of you in them so we can all see how smart you look!

Jeni said...

Can't wait to see! (Pun intended)

shontell said...

Erin, do you have a hard time recognizing him without his glasses on? I love that sketch on SNL with teri hatcher. hilarious.

Erin S. said...

Haha! The funny thing is that Shane looks really different without them on. I'll have to post a picture of him without them on so you can see sometime. Or I'll just tell him to take them off sometime.

Jenene said...

I bet you look hot.
Does the man think you look hot in your glasses?

Post a pic! Post a pic!

Jessie said...

oooh!!!! ooooh!!!! I wanna see!
And by the way, that's my diagnosis too. My eyes get progressively worse as the day goes on.

No(dot dot)el said...

man- i am so jealous, i want to wear glasses. i need to find another fake pair for fun and fast.

shontell said...

lol. I told the lady, I may as well make them a great accessory if I have to wear them! She agreed and the whole office voted on the pair I picked out.