This Where the Nonsense Turns to Makesense

..A large family working to perfect our sweet skills: Loving others, making an impact, parenting on purpose, living simply, and embracing sarcasm.

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Feeling Great in 2008


So this is my own cheesy slogan for the list of things I have planned for this new year. My resolutions this year will be stretched out over a the 52 weeks of 2008. Each is a baby step, but I am hoping (and praying) by the end of the year at least a few will have stuck, and I will have developed some knew good habits. I will try to post each new one as I start it each week. I don't think any of them are too scary to share, but i can't say for certain. Some are physical, some spiritual, emotional, and others are just good habits to have. Feel free to ask me how I am doing with them; I welcome the encouragement. Stay at home moms don't get a lot of that. I will list my first few for January. I have already started them, and so far, I am doing pretty well.

January
Week 1- Night Routine and in bed by 10:30
wash face & FLOSS
Week 2- Bible and Prayer each morning, clean up bathroom before leaving it
Week 3- Morning routine & up by 7am
wash face & get dressed to my shoes and makeup
Week 4- Exercise 20 mins on treadmill 3x/wk. & drink at least 1 cup of water each day.

I know these all seem easy, but so far I have been challenged. I am working on not being so rebellious against doing what I know I should be doing. So each of these steps, while simple, have caused me to remember I am not invincible and I need to take care of ME. I do a lot of caring for others- mostly short people. This year is all about me.

9 comments:

No(dot dot)el said...

so i am now coming to your site daily for the motivation that this momma for surwa needs!!!
as to the blog at hand.... GO SHONTELL!!! you are one determined woman and i am sure that by next year most all of these will have stuck. some are similar ones to mine so i will be checking in with ya.
i feel like i have the flu today from pilates yesterday , but tis all good. ya know gotta start somewhere.

shontell said...

I feel like I have a fat gut from the chips and dip I just ate. Sigh. BUT the rest of my food intake was really good. Plus, I met the goals I was aiming for today. Babaysteps into the elevator.

laura said...

by some of your goals i can tell you may be familiar with flylady. sad to say, i re-subscribed this morning because i have finally come to the conclusion that i just can't get my act together all by myself. thank you. i am glad i am not the only one who has a problem flossing before bed.

Erin S. said...

Laura, it's so cool that you mentioned Flylady! I just found that site today! Plus I've found some other really cool "housewife" sites. One I really love is retro-housewife.com. My routine this year that I've just decided to adopt today is doing more "housewife" and "homemaker" stuff and getting the girls involved. More work in the home and less outside of it. I can't wait until Spring so I can start my garden! Yay!

shontell said...

Erin, I LOVE what you said about more in the house and less out. Very well put. I also think that is important. My favorite part of homeschooling is our home ec. stuff. Not just baking and crafts, but I love around the house things like fixing things, gardening, and life skills.

Liz said...

All of you are such an inspiration to me...especially erin s.'s comment...shon, I totally agree with you!! Especially b/c I have been praying so hard about these exact things! And by the way, I will do your resolutions with you...b/c they are the same ones I need to do!!!!
-Liz

Erin S. said...

Thanks to both of you for your nice words! I agree about the whole "life skills" thing, Shontell. Kids learn a lot by doing those sorts of things, too.

By the way, here's a couple of other sites that I found which are really cool for the whole housewife thing:

http://romanholiday.typepad.com/thehelpfulhousewife

http://www.seedsofknowledge.com

If anyone has any sites they like, let me know!

scoeyd said...

Feeling Fine in 2009.
Born Again for 2010.
Going to Heaven in 2011.

Then, the world ends in 2012, (according to 2 reliable sources: the Mayan Calendar AND the X-Files series finale...)

You'll thank me later.

Jen in Budapest said...

Shonti....

nice job on the workout plans! Woo hoo. Go girl.