This Where the Nonsense Turns to Makesense

..A large family working to perfect our sweet skills: Loving others, making an impact, parenting on purpose, living simply, and embracing sarcasm.

Saturday, May 31, 2008

Yard Work

Here are some yard pics. This is a before picture. Already our yard is prettier because our neighbors put a white fence between our yards. A little enjoyment for no money at all. We added burning bushes, a burning maple tree, and some flowers and herbs for some color. The Man brought home treasures from the river by way of huge pieces of driftwood that add a nice rustic touch to the front yard. Plus, the association put in a tree by our front sidewalk and as soon as the house next door is finished construction, we will have a gas lamplight out front. We are still adding to it, but our front yard is looking great. The kids and I planted a couple things this morning in hopes of filling the planter box near the front porch including sunflowers, a couple pumpkins, wild flowers and a small mound in the corner for cucumbers.







I love being at the end of the cul-de-sac. All the kids seem to accumulate here.

8 comments:

Jessie said...

I LOVE YOUR YARD!!!!!!!!!!!

shontell said...

:) thanks friend. I need to take a fully finished picture so you can see my pretty tree. The maple tree's leaves turn bright red in the fall. so cool!

scoeyd said...

I like the stuff that Mike found. Very nice. And inspirational...

shontell said...

YES it inspires me to move away to the mountains and hide away like those people in communes. Sometimes I get jealous of those people even if they don't have electricity.

Erica said...

looking good. The kid picture is really cute

Unknown said...

Your yard looks so great!!!

Jen in Budapest said...

Girl, you amaze me! Tahoe Marathon!! Here you come! That's awesome. With the elevation, all I have to say is you'd kick butt if you took it down to the ocean. :d You rock Shontell. I want to be like you when I grow up. :D

No(dot dot)el said...

i love the kids pic. too cute. so when can i come see this house? i hear it's a bit of a drive so i better plan a day for it. how nice a whole day with shontelly!!