This Where the Nonsense Turns to Makesense

..A large family working to perfect our sweet skills: Loving others, making an impact, parenting on purpose, living simply, and embracing sarcasm.

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Timeline


One minute ago: I was checking my emails, reconnecting with a friend I haven't heard from for a while. Her baby just started 7th grade. sniff.


One hour ago: I was doing chores so my husband will come home to a loving, cleanish house.


One day ago: I was in my last night of my Children's Literature class. The countdown is on! 11 months!


One week ago: I was staying up late, visiting with some Vegas friends. I was so busy praying that they would move here, I didn't really hear anything they said the whole time they were here. snicker. I was so sad to see them go. sigh.


One month ago: I was cleaning my house to get it ready for our new roomies, who I love, oh so much. Especially on the nights they make dinner.


One year ago: I was just beginning my Junior year of university, so excited to finally be learning something that seemed appropriate to my future career. I was also settling into our first fall here in this house. Happiness.


One decade ago: I had one baby, lived in an apartment in Vegas, never saw my husband because of his insane work schedule, and was already starting to listen to God about Reno.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You go girl!
what is the latest on the Master's program?

Erica said...

I like how you did this post, Shontell. Sounds like you're on track ;)

A Bit Of Everything said...

One night ago: I had four BREWER children for a couple of hours and had a blast! Mr. Don, I think had more fun with Addy and Sam! We were talking with them and instantly said, together, "He looks exactly like Mr. Mike!" - It was hilarious. We had fun and would take them ANYTIME!

The girls put on Irie's makeup and painted their nails, while the boys (SAM too) made a lego movie.

What fun!