This Where the Nonsense Turns to Makesense

..A large family working to perfect our sweet skills: Loving others, making an impact, parenting on purpose, living simply, and embracing sarcasm.

Friday, August 28, 2009

And So It Begins...


This week I was given permission to sit in on all the pre-start day teacher meetings in order to rub elbows and get in a few observation hours.
The highlight was the principal delivering the Sexual Harassment lecture with the use of PowerPoint. In his heavy Turkish accent, "Okay, this slide says (stops to read it) sexual harassment, don't do it."
I left with three sub jobs, about ten observation hours down, and hopefully was helpful to a few teachers.
I think my student teaching assignment was approved.
I have five months to work and save enough money to pay someone to keep Sam and Addison during that student teaching time, and spend enough time with them that I don't feel horribly sad leaving them to work a full time job in February. Sigh. I am sad already.
Homeschooling starts in one week. I am giving myself the week to get the kids in school, give everyone time to spend memories with Mike's mom, who will be here Tuesday, and a little time to have a day get away with my entire family including Mike's mom. We don't all fit in my car, so that should be interesting. We may pawn off Sam-I-Am. Any takers? Thursday and maybe Friday.
Still in serious need of downsizing responsibilities. Struggling with how that looks and not wanting to bail on anyone or anything. Going to pray a bit more, but thinking you all may only see my shadow until July. It doesn't mean I don't love you.
Goodbye forever. (line stolen from PW)

No comments: