This Where the Nonsense Turns to Makesense

..A large family working to perfect our sweet skills: Loving others, making an impact, parenting on purpose, living simply, and embracing sarcasm.

Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Made Up Words


This morning, Layla Grace came into the kitchen and announced she had a pencil behind her ear. We all stopped what we were doing (insert cricket chirps) to turn to look at her.


Me: What? (while thinking, that's a strange thing to announce)


Layla Grace: That means I am a school-atician.


Me: lol. What's that?


Layla Grace: You know, like a mathematician, but for all of school.


The family: giggle.


I love made up words. Especially when they are used as correctly as a
made up word can possibly be used, AND when they come from my
seven-year-old. I also love that my kids are as weird as I am.

"It's just nice to find someone who shares my affinity for elf-culture."

2 comments:

No(dot dot)el said...

Super cute that Layla Grace is. I especially love not only the word but the fact that the pencil behind her ear signified this stature in life. I want to be a school-atician too!!

Erica said...

I'm sure you've heard Morgan's made up word for Friend and thought what is that! It's SADA... she sure likes her sadas. That's cool that word make up still lingers beyond age 5 :)