This Where the Nonsense Turns to Makesense

..A large family working to perfect our sweet skills: Loving others, making an impact, parenting on purpose, living simply, and embracing sarcasm.

Friday, January 29, 2010

Speaking of Frugal

I have been researching. A LOT! In addition to being cheap and easy (twss) I need to be prepped. The student teaching train is just about to leave the station, and I am feeling the pressure of suddenly being a full time working wife and mother. Yikes. Kudos to those of you who have this mastered. Please feel free to pass along your wisdom. By that I mean, since you have it all together, come over and help; don't be like some people who like to simply point out areas of my family or home that are not up to code. I don't need that sort of advice. In fact, I don't need ADVICE at all. Who doesn't know they are doing it wrong? honestly, that is hardly the issue.
Anyway, my challenge to all of you FlyLady fans, organizing nerds, and want to get aheaders:
What can you prep in your freezer for later this month? You may need to back up and make your menu first. Personally, I have been planning mine through May. This will get me through the school year, my student teaching, and almost the rest of my university classes. Once this is complete, I challenge you to take a day and prep. I have chosen tomorrow as my husband will be home, I am going to the grocery, and my kids will be around to help out a little if they want to. Here is what I will be doing:
  • dice and saute 1 large pack of chicken breasts, separate, label, and freeze
  • brown 2 packs of ground turkey for stroganoff and chili
  • cook and shred one whole chicken, separate, label and freeze for soups and enchiladas
  • brown 2 packs ground beef for tacos

That's it. That is all the meat I will need for a month because, going along with our frugal living, is many a night of meatless meals. I have scheduled meat 3 times a week. Tis all.

No comments: