This Where the Nonsense Turns to Makesense

..A large family working to perfect our sweet skills: Loving others, making an impact, parenting on purpose, living simply, and embracing sarcasm.

Friday, January 15, 2010

Prejudiced After All


Elbert Hubbard:
Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped.


Bill Cosby:
A word to the wise ain't necessary, it's the stupid ones who need the advice.


Muslih-ud-Din Saadi:
A stupid person should keep silent. But if he knew this, he would not be a stupid person.


Mark Twain:
First, God created idiots. That was just for practice. Then He created school boards.


In a recent discussion with family members, I realized I am prejudice after all.
It is a little uncomfortable to say it, but there are just some people that I don't
ever want to be around.
I call them stupid people.
I really cannot handle stupidity.
And for all of you who would say I am someone else's stupid person, they are
welcome not to want to be around me either.

There aren't many of them, but they are out there. The scary part is they have
no idea they are this way. How do I work with that? Sometimes I think God puts
them near me to challenge me. Which is why I say to God, "you knew I was going
to act this way when you made them get near me. Why do you keep doing this?"
sigh. Okay, I know why, but it doesn't make me any happier.

Right now the stupid people God is putting around me to toy with me are a little
group called the city council. Dorks, the lot of them, but I am working on my
rotten attitude. I trust that God is in charge of whether or not my husband gets
laid off, but is it necessary for me to have to hear them speak about it and be
disrespectful about a job my husband has literally risked his life for? Stupids.

1 comment:

No(dot dot)el said...

Hoping and praying for you friend. Didn't we just go through this nonsense?