This Where the Nonsense Turns to Makesense

..A large family working to perfect our sweet skills: Loving others, making an impact, parenting on purpose, living simply, and embracing sarcasm.

Friday, June 15, 2012

Five Minute Friday

1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking 2. Link back here and invite others to join in. 3. And then absolutely, no ifs, ands or buts about it, you need to visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments. Seriously. That is, like, the rule. And the fun. And the heart of this community..

Today's Topic?

PATH
The Path I was on a year ago doesn't seem like the path I am on today. I do not know if that means we have strayed then or now. Or maybe it means we have grown beyond the scenery of the paths of old so it's simply unrecognizable. Last Friday, The Man received a phone call from the City of Reno offering him his position back as a fire fighter. Monday, I called my principal from my previous job and she said, "Please come teach our little peanut head kindergarteners." She didn't really word it that way, but that is what I heard.

We accepted both positions and began packing. The whole process will take two weeks. We have to be packed, moved out, and in Reno for a physical June 25. That's next Monday. I thought when I was feeling some separation from my kids' schools here that it meant we would be moving to Boise. I thought when our church was nice but not a skinny jeans type fit that we would find a new church in Boise. Last Monday, I prayed for hours in my bed and refused to move before God washed contentment over me. He did. I got out of bed renewed. And then Reno called to shake the snow globe that is my life. Clearly our path is taking a new course.

STOP

3 comments:

No(dot dot)el said...

Snow Globe is perfect for your life picture analogy. Really, genius comparison. Hang in there friend it's all gonna make sense soon

Mothering with Creativity said...

I get to see you soooooooon! I'm excited for your adventure to take a new twisty turn!

Unknown said...

Woah! Amazing how God works. It's a new adventure, can't wait to see where it takes you.