This Where the Nonsense Turns to Makesense

..A large family working to perfect our sweet skills: Loving others, making an impact, parenting on purpose, living simply, and embracing sarcasm.

Wednesday, June 06, 2012

Loverly and Not so Loverly Wednesdays



I love this link up. (Click that girl. You will love her.)

Not so much the word hate. It's like saying shut up. Always so harsh.

I love vintage.

Not so much the hunting through garage sales and dust. I have an allergy fit for a week after a good antique store.

I love coffee.

Not so much when I am out of creamer and my only option is sugar free. WHAT IS THE POINT? And what is that weird after taste? DARN YOU COFFEE AND YOUR WICKED WOMAN WAYS. I can't quit you.

I love the sense of accomplishment exercise brings.

I hate putting one foot in front of another because that would mean I am having self-control and I have made a lifestyle of living with NO self-control. So, you see? It's counter intuitive.

I love that I am done with school.

I hate that I wake in the middle of the night paranoid that my deferments aren't actually in place and maybe I was supposed to send my right arm and first born to cover the first month's payment. Also, I miss school. No I don't. Yes I do. No I really don't. But I kind of do.

8 comments:

No(dot dot)el said...

You forgot to link up Queenie. Totally out of creamer this morning and I'm gonna say that is for sure something that I hate! :) Love you though. Yeps thats for surwa!

No(dot dot)el said...

Also I didn't you know you were of the cloth of moms that don't like the word hate. Hmm.... How do I feel about this?

momto8blog said...

yea for school being done..and yea for exercise too!!
I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.
happy days!

Lissa @ her + him said...

oh man i know what you mean about exercise!!! found you via the link up xo

Shannan Martin said...

You're a crack up. And would it pain you to hear that I hate coffee? I feel like such a dork when I admit that. Talk about not being in the cool club. ;)

shontell said...

Farm Girl- not at all. I feel that way about tea. I want to love it. It's just not enough. And college made me a coffee drinker. I fought it forever- like two weeks! Now I have it written in my will to be buried with a coffee mug, to go of course.
Uh, also. Without sounding like a blog struck nerd, I cannot believe you are commenting on my blog. Your writing is brilliant, and your heart comes across genuinely. Blessings.

shontell said...

NoDots. I had a youth leader from the time I was knee high to a grass hopper who would retort, "You are too young to hate" any time we used the word. So we didn't much. Then when the Brew Crew began their arrival, I made the rule you could hate things and evil and situations, but never people. The distinction was too much for them. So I banned the word fully. Now it's weird to say it.

Mom to 8- Someday I want to be mom to seven. My husband is nervous. God's timing is humbling. I am going to check you out to see if you are still pretty. Please still be pretty. I really want more kids.

Lissa- I checked out your blog. Thanks for feeling my pain. :)

amoryg said...

I agree with the term hate too. :) coffee without any of that stuff is just wrong. Even while on a diet, I will never not use creamer. :)