This Where the Nonsense Turns to Makesense

..A large family working to perfect our sweet skills: Loving others, making an impact, parenting on purpose, living simply, and embracing sarcasm.

Sunday, September 25, 2005

music

i love how God can minister through music. not just during church in worship, but real, out there music. i wish i had written this song. it sums up life for me right now. i am sure many of you, moms especially, can relate. like we are just on hold while we do this parenting thing God has called us to. Lord, let my desires be for you and my children so that i am not glancing around every corner up ahead wondering if something better is coming. thanks for the confidence in me to steer so many little ones in the right direction. sorry that i am going to screw up again. in fact i am due for a wrong choice in 3..2..1..just joking. i dont want my kids to be something i did and got over with. every minute, i want to fill them with you. this morning dh and i discussed him teaching fashion sense over self esteem to our three year old. thank you for making her feel beautiful in her three sizes too big shoes. teach her that you define her, not her clothes.amen.

SURRENDER- BarlowGirl
My hands hold safely to my dreams
clutching tightly not one has fallen
so many years i've shaped each one
reflecting my heart showing who i am
now You're asking me to show
what i'm holding oh so tightly
can't open my hands can't let go
does it matter?
should i show You?
can't You let me go?

Surrender, Surrender You whisper gently
You say I will be free
I know by can't You see?
my dreams are me, my dreams are me.

You say You have a plan for me
and that You want the best for my life
told me the world had yet to see
what You can do with one
thats committed to your calling
i know of course what i should do
that i can't hold these dreams forever
if i give my life to You
will You take them away forever?
or can i dream again?

sometimes i get so caught up in why my plan isnt working that i dont realize what i can be doing here, now. i dont want this to be my focus. i get frustrated when people impose these thoughts on me. like, you need to get away from your kids for a while, or maybe if you get a part time job you would feel like you were contributing to the family or the earth or whatever. ooh or "do you work?" yah, actually i have a job you could never do. these are things i would never say...out loud. but now any of you who ask me these questions or say these things will know what i am thinking. :)

5 comments:

georgia said...

Sometimes I think we parents can feel like our dreams and goals that are not centered around parenting must be fulfilled while we are at a certain age. As my children have grown, I am beginning to see that I have many years to attend to goals and dreams once they are on their own. And it has become clearer to me recently how little it would matter to me if I fulfilled other dreams but failed to raise my children to be the best they can be. I'm thankful that I've had the opportunity to devote to raising them.

No(dot dot)el said...

this post really got me thinkin, at first i thought right on!! then, man she's amazing!!! then, i hope i never said those things that she gets annoyed by??? then, to thinkin of how often i fall short of what i thought i would be like as a mother, and then finally, how thankful i am for this scripture that another mother once shared with me Is 40:11 this scripture for me has been a saving grace. to know that HE will gently lead ME simply because i have young is just such a comforting thought to me. HIS voice is THE only one I care to listen to and many times it comes by way of His children(unfortunately sometimes NOT, Job's friends case in point)all too often though i need to just listen for HIS gentle voice and then alls good again. My friend ,you amaze me. Be blessed as you are a blessing.

moses said...

"deleted"
the brewers rock!

shontell said...

i forgot to add a line to the end of my blog as i was called away by pee or poop or vomit i am sure.

but i was going to say that a great friend, in the midst of craziness, said i should considered it a compliment that God has put me in charge of so many little ones.;) thanks friend.

and meat...yes...yes we do. :) which is different than BEING a rock as, once again, thorn has proven to be true. thanks for your consistancy thorn. i love hearing from you.

oh and my word varification is lwhrzuz...i think i just called all of you losers. ::snort::

sabu said...

being a mom is the most important job there is. we are raising future generations. not everyone is cut out for this line of work. ask any husband who has had to handle things while his wife is out of town.