This Where the Nonsense Turns to Makesense

..A large family working to perfect our sweet skills: Loving others, making an impact, parenting on purpose, living simply, and embracing sarcasm.

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Seven Days and Counting...


Things I still have left to do in order to prepare for next week (aka Christmas, The Man's graduation, Moving Day):

Pack my entire house
find more tape to close boxes
finish two quilts
wrap friends' presents
make a "NEEDS" box full of toilet paper, bath towels, toothbrushes, blankets, and other immediate needs for our first night in the new house
clean house for Mom-in-law's visit
shop for The Man's graduation dinner
pick up last minute presents
pick up movie Isabelle's teacher borrowed
put together Elijah's tether ball pole (sweet)
put together Isabelle's basketball hoop
return library books
return red box movie..late as usual
set up utilities and other needs for new house
break the news to our landlords; we are not buying this house
give our 30 day notice to our landlords
find something to wear to graduation
write a 1250 word paper with my study team
write a 1500 individual paper on business ethics
another assignment too boring to describe
send out remainder of our Christmas cards
drop off presents to friends leaving town
sign papers at escrow office
find out if the papers we received in the mail are an attempt to steal my identity (seriously..they are very fishy and no one knows anything about them)
watch a hundred or so Christmas movies, some repeatedly
read about five more books of the bible to finish my reading plan before the start of the new year
wrap presents for five children (yikes)
find something for each of my children to wear to graduation
find a babysitter for the babies during graduation (any takers? Friday from 12-4)
and somehow manage to enjoy the peace that is the reason for this season.
I am going back to bed.

9 comments:

Liz said...

you make me appreciate so many things about my life on such a regular basis...sigh...you truly are superwoman. If God only gives us what we can handle, I'm a freaking wimp.

Erin S. said...

Sounds like an easy week. Stop being such a lazy bum.

shontell said...

ROFL! Let's do a word association game.

Liz- sweet; compassionate

Erin- butthole; big butthole

TimmyMac said...

I love making lists . . . to me they are a stress reliever . . . remember, the bigger your list the more God loves you!

shontell said...

ooh good outlook T. I realized there were things I left off the list, but I figured them out today. So no need to update.

Pennies In My Pocket said...

I HATE Christmas countdowns! I have so much crap, er...I mean lovely things, to do!!!

Oh and your comment on my latest giveaway CRACKS me up!!!!

~melody~

scoeyd said...

reading plans are not to steal your joy. They are to exist to provide a plan to assist in reading. If you don't finish, you still win, because you are reading the Book. The very heart of it screams its not just about sticking to the plan - its what you've gotten, understood, & lived out from the reading.

That is all.

digapigmy said...

mariah carey is playing right now. talk about stealing my joy. you are better than that, shontell.

shontell said...

AHAHAAA. Sorry Brent. It is the only song of hers I enjoy. And, really, it is because of the movie Love Actually when the little girl sings it. So great.