This Where the Nonsense Turns to Makesense

..A large family working to perfect our sweet skills: Loving others, making an impact, parenting on purpose, living simply, and embracing sarcasm.

Thursday, December 06, 2007

You know what makes me tired?

Repeating myself. I expect it with my children, but lately there has been just too much of it. Like just now, I told my son to get out from behind my couch. Rather than just listening, he has to give me reasons why it is great back there. Because I don't actually care, I yell for him to get out. Also, those of you who thought the twos were terrible never had a three year old. Addison is just a couple weeks from this special age and is testing everything. I am tired of follow through. I need a nap.
Lately, I have had to say the same thing to my dog over and over and over. Apparently he feels we shouldn't leave each morning to take Isabelle to school. It seems to cause him stress, so he has taken to chewing on little things he finds in the house. Today he actually pulled an heirloom ornament off of my tree. I could have killed him. Instead I scolded him and made him go outside. His little tail between his knees was sad, but I was strong.
In addition to my usually tiresome repetition, I have had to pete and repeat everything to keep up communication between everyone involved with our house.
Lastly, trying to organize a celebration dinner is stressful when there are so many people involved and so much other stuff going on. Clearly there is a lot of repetition involved.
Sooo, if you ask me a question, just stick around long enough to hear the answer or things may get scary for you.

11 comments:

TimmyMac said...

Like I've said before, I never repeat myself.

Anonymous said...

oh ya....I remember the twos were so easy compared to the 3's! I am still repeating myself and she is 9! It's twinkling!

shontell said...

I believe the term you are looking for is "strinkling." See, even my grown friends make me repeat myself. CRIPES!

Anonymous said...

Ha Ha! You got it!

Joelle said...

Yeah~ I hear ya sister! Try repeating yourself all day long to 20, 7 year olds and then having the joy to come home and repeat yourself eighty times with a testy 3 yr old. I hate this age too! So far it is my least favorite age!

shontell said...

Remember when they were just starting to talk and we encouraged it? Sigh, what were we thinking!?

Anonymous said...

I didn't quite get the gist of this entry. Can you please reiterate your point? hahahahahahahha! *snort* (the laugh and subsequent *snort* done in a rather fine Shontell impersonation, if I do say so myself)

Jenene said...

I'm sorry, did you say something? Could you say it again?

Jen in Budapest said...

Shontelle - I won't ask you how your exercising program is going because I don't know if I can stick around long enough for the answer. Although I will be in Reno for a few days this Christmas!! Woo hooo!!!! Hope you are doing well and that I get to see you. Jen

Anonymous said...

I just realized that you wouldn't understand what I wrote up above because of the big words, so let me type it at your level:

"I didnt get what u wrote. Can u pls say it again? hahahahahahahha! *snort* (the laugh n' *snort* done like u would say it. I think I did it like u sound)"

shontell said...

u speak real good ebonix erin