This Where the Nonsense Turns to Makesense

..A large family working to perfect our sweet skills: Loving others, making an impact, parenting on purpose, living simply, and embracing sarcasm.

Monday, December 03, 2007

I hate finances



My sister said earlier that "this stuff" only happens to me, but that just can't be true. Many of you know I am a proud student at the University of Phoenix (please pronounce Pah-ho-nicks). Many of you also know that I rely completely on scholarships and financial aid. I applied for my financial aid at the start of my second year on the recommendation of my financial counselor-you know, the lady who knows everything about my school's finance protocol. Well, apparently not because I did just what she said and instead of sending me more money that I was assured I qualified for, they sent a smooth four grand less. Um..what was that?! Broke Lady say WHAT?! I contacted them as soon as I noticed, and they seriously were trying to act like it was too much work to fix a mistake they made! Because I am not above inflicting physical pain -or calling at all hours repeatedly- they finally are moving on this issue. Of course one problem led to another when this all started, and it cause everyone to be involved. Sigh. Let's just all pray they give me permission to use the Pell Grant this year. I cannot handle or afford to take out a loan to pay for the rest of this year. And, as much as I gripe about the stresses of my life, I am not ready to drop out of school. I am, however, ready to be the recipient of any of your generous scholarship donations. I have no pride in this area.

6 comments:

melaroo said...

this stuff DOES only happen to you. but it's going to be fine. and now for something completely different....how is it that i have 4 little seasoning jars of cream of tartar, but have had no toilet paper for 4 days? sigh. i have to go to the store before we run out of kleenex. gross.

shontell said...

Is this big issue of the week? Oh, no. I know you have to write that really lame paper. Sorry about that.

scoeyd said...

This stuff happens to me too. I must be almost as cool as the Queenie. Woohoo.

shontell said...

HA! Let's not get carried away now.

No(dot dot)el said...

sorry to hear that, like you needed one more thing to concern yourself with right now.

Anonymous said...

You could always join the scary Garden Gnome/Santa and panhandle. I'd drop a nickel in for ya!