This Where the Nonsense Turns to Makesense

..A large family working to perfect our sweet skills: Loving others, making an impact, parenting on purpose, living simply, and embracing sarcasm.

Monday, June 30, 2008

Typical


Today was typical at the BrewCrew pad:

pitter patter of feet around 7:30 (Sam of course)
I laid in bed, read my bible (Galatians 4)
made my grocery and errand lists
slooowly got out of bed only because the call of coffee had me at hello
The Man got home from work after a trip to the gym
I drank my coffee on the front porch and watched Layla and Sam color chalk
Took the big girls with me to UPS to mail a violin
to Home Depot
to G and G nursery
to the GameStop
to Target
to Walmart
back to Home Depot
to Whole Foods for a quick run through and lunch (yum)
then home.
We planted a tomato and pepper plant
colored more chalk prints
cleaned a little (a very little because that is boring)
made dinner of cold cut sandwiches with the works, a veggie tray, and chips
then we let the kids figure out how to get into the coconut I picked up at the store
we all took very small samples and decided we like the smell better than the flavor
Once the kids were in jammies, I read to them from Isabelle's book for a bit while The Man tried out his new commercial grade power pump for the weeds out front.
Prayers then tucked in the kids
As usual, I ended my day with homework and parusing the blog world with the man watching tv by my side. Goodtimes.
My favorite saying came from Addison, "Layla, I will give my cucumber if you stop being so gruuumpy. OR I will give you this Cheetoh off the ground." We were very giggly.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It sounds cheeeeezy..but these are the posts that you are going to want to remember in 20 years.