This Where the Nonsense Turns to Makesense

..A large family working to perfect our sweet skills: Loving others, making an impact, parenting on purpose, living simply, and embracing sarcasm.

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Love Hate Relationship


I have a love/hate relationship with being in the forefront. A lie, right? lol I can hear you all now. If I were six, I would say I like being the center of attention, but now that I am grown, I know accountability comes with being upfront.

It's a lot of pressure. Sometimes I think it would be easier to melt into the background than to put my self out there. But God doesn't reside in the background when he has called you upfront. Sigh.

Every time I take one of those spiritual gifts tests my results
are relatively the same. I was probably 17 when I took one the
first time. It said I should be a pastor. I said no thanks, and tried
to convince the paper in front of me and my then pastor that it
was confusing bossiness with leadership skills.

This time, I was glad to see pastoring moved down
a bit on the list. The five gifts tied for first place are just
as daunting, but I feel more accurate.


  • Wisdom

  • Faith

  • Prophecy

  • Exhortation (that one is iffy, as most of you know I lack the caring bone)

  • Writing

I wouldn't say I am good at any of these, but I am

willing to work on them. I am interested to see what

your gifts are. There may be a better test out there,

but since the members at our church are so dependent

on Google, I went with the first one that came up on the search engine.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Faith, Discernment, Hospitality, Intercession, Music

shontell said...

I TOTALLY agree with those. But I would change their order with hospitality being first, and intercession being second. Also, clicking. I didn't see clicking on your list. hmmm.

No(dot dot)el said...

Music, Hospitality, Intercession, Poverty?, Encouragement, and Faith.

shontell said...

OH MY goodness No(dot dot)el, is poverty really one of them?! AHAHAA That's what you get for giving everything away!

kris and mel said...

mine are 1. music, 2. helps, 3. giving, 4. hospitality, 5. faith. i am soooo thankful that it's not poverty like noel. ew, or celibacy.

shontell said...

snort. celibacy is for nerds.