This Where the Nonsense Turns to Makesense

..A large family working to perfect our sweet skills: Loving others, making an impact, parenting on purpose, living simply, and embracing sarcasm.

Sunday, June 07, 2009

Why I Like Mike # 23


He knows how to handle me. In the previous month,
I have been in the strangest bubble. I noticed it, but I wasn't
sure anyone else did. Of course My Husband did. What was I thinking?
It's what I like about him today. He notices me. Then he
let's me be.
The attacks on my household have been mind bottling (heh)
in this past month. I am severely aware at how clearly God
has been protecting my children, the prayers he has answered,
and the guarding he has provided. Still, I recently noticed
I am living in self protection mode. At every second of my day
I am either listening to music or reading a book, trying
to tune so much out. To keep my focus small. It's bizarre.
I do these things normally, but not in the desperate, needing way
I have lately. It is unsettling, but I still attribute it to
self preservation.
But, I noticed the other day, that The Man just let me be.
He didn't try to fix me, he didn't judge me, he didn't ask more of me.
I like him. And, I need more of what I see in this picture. So tomorrow
we are dating ;) yeessssss!

2 comments:

kris and mel said...

i like that you said "mind bottling."

Unknown said...

I love that. My husband is the same way, and I can't even explain how thankful I am as well for those amazing traits.