This Where the Nonsense Turns to Makesense

..A large family working to perfect our sweet skills: Loving others, making an impact, parenting on purpose, living simply, and embracing sarcasm.

Monday, June 01, 2009

Oh hello there Beautiful



Wednesday marks my 28th and final day of my detox. AWESOME!! Again, I highly recommend this to everyone. I have felt so fantastic. No blood sugar crashes, no blood pressure issues, up on time in the morning, no caffeine migraines, no nausea and other symptoms I will spare you from.
I have lost about 8 pounds, which is a big deal or a girl like me. And last week I fit into a pair of jeans I have never been able to wear. My skinny jeans. You boys may not appreciate that as much as the girls will, but you can still be excited for me.
Wednesday night, I will be snuggling up to a steamy cup of coffee, decaf, but still yum.
On a more permanent vacation from my life will be:
  • gluten except the rare sandwich
  • excessive sugar
  • caffeine
  • and fast food.

I can't even totally say I am interested in having read meat again. I wasn't a huge fan before, and the last time

I tried to make some for the kids, I nearly gagged. Too much blood. ew.

My new goal is pushups and situps. Three times a week. A deck of playing cards.

I am still trying to fit the gym into our new schedule of summer break,

preschool work, subbing, planning for long awaited visitors, children,

church, and an immense amount of homework. Sheesh. maybe

I should take up drinking. I will, but I will stick to decaf :)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

way to go beautiful friend! i am proud of you.

A Bit Of Everything said...

I am sooooooooooo proud of you sista'...WAY TO GO!

I want the recipe for the detox...send it my way. I have started my exercise regime again. Bring it on!

kris and mel said...

let me know if you decide it's a GO on the drinking thing. i'm all in.

(ooooh, and my word ver is ANOMEL!)

shontell said...

That's cause you ARE an anoMel.

Tmoneyreno said...

Good job! You are awesome. I think I feel the same, but I am going to bring back coffe and chai and chocolate.