This Where the Nonsense Turns to Makesense

..A large family working to perfect our sweet skills: Loving others, making an impact, parenting on purpose, living simply, and embracing sarcasm.

Monday, July 06, 2009

SOOOO TIIIRED



This is the image I was met with on my way to bed late one night last week. I don't know what bedtimes are like at your house, but once we get them all tucked in, we are usually met with a litany of questions and accusations.
"Sam is making a weird NOISE!"
"Addison won't stay on her side of the bed, and I think she is growling."
"Can I get a drink of water?"
"I think I am scared of the dark. No wait, I just don't want to go to sleep. Can I stay up with you?"
"I think I ate too much dinner; can I sleep on the ground?"
"Mommy, if I swallowed a star, would you be able to see it glowing in my belly?"
sigh. It's endless and not amusing when you are trying to have an in house date with your spouse.
So this particular night, once all the questions and examinations had ceased, and all the lights were out, I began my slow ascent up the stairs. My eyes were closed, lights off, and I leaned heavily against the wall, too tired even to walk up the stairs. The Man was trailing behind me giving me a hiney helper (this is not a euphemism, it just means he was literally pushing me by the butt up the stairs). I opened my eyes one stair before stepping on Sam. Lucky for him. I nearly screamed, but managed to keep it together and get my camera.
I know what you are thinking. "Is that kid's face EVER clean?" No, no it isn't.

1 comment:

A Bit Of Everything said...

"I think I am scared of the dark. No wait, I just don't want to go to sleep. Can I stay up with you?"

Honesty is the best policy!