This Where the Nonsense Turns to Makesense

..A large family working to perfect our sweet skills: Loving others, making an impact, parenting on purpose, living simply, and embracing sarcasm.

Sunday, September 24, 2006

touchy touchy

I think it is amazing that people are content to go through everyday life without acknowledging God in anyway and then become offended when a 5 year old points out his thoughts on their beliefs. The other day, my son was talking to another of his buddies (6yrs.) and says "Kayla's parents don't believe in God." This in itself isnt bad, but when Kayla is standing right behind them and tears home screaming and crying, you know there are going to be issues.(for the record, this all happened on The Man's shift) KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK. Apparently Kayla's mom had been bullying my son into confessing and he was fine with sharing his opinion with her. NIICE. He plainly stated that she doesn't believe in God. Wow. That didn't sit so well with her. She was ooh so angry and let my husband have the ole cat-fight-caplooey. Now, for any of you who actually know my husband you are wondering if he punched her in the neck when she got in his face, but you can lay your fears to rest. He was holding Sam in one hand and a bottle in the other. Her neck is fine. And my son had to apologize for voicing his opinion and mostly for trying to hide the fact that an irrate woman was standing in our lawn waiting to speak to his father. All is good...ish. She threatened to "not be so nice next time." Mike said "hey, okay." in his most smart allec voice. I am so glad our family has been able to stir things up in the name of God. @@

6 comments:

TimmyMac said...

Just imagine how she would have responded if he said she didn't brush her teeth?

Jeni said...

Wow... Persecution at age 5.... SWEET! :)

georgia said...

So does she or doesn't she believe in God? If she doesn't why was she so irate at your son for telling the truth?

shontell said...

I KNOWWWW!! Georgia, it is like you were in my mind. That is why I think there was more happening. I don't know, but if a muslim kid said I don't believe in Allah, my kids would say nope she doesnt. Actually they may say Allah is a false god so they better watch their backs LOL!

No(dot dot)el said...

wow. so that neighborhood isn't so neighborley after all. i knew there had to be catch to that perfect little cul de sac where the kids roam free and the lemonade stands on every corner.
:) sorry for d.hubby and eli but i bet it turned into a great teaching lesson.

shontell said...

lol. mostly for my husband I think. He was so irritated all day about it. silly boys