This Where the Nonsense Turns to Makesense

..A large family working to perfect our sweet skills: Loving others, making an impact, parenting on purpose, living simply, and embracing sarcasm.

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Suck on This Satan


I feel like the devil is trying to attach strings to my limbs in his ridiculous attempts to control me. What really sucks is that he seems to get one or two strings on me before I realize I am being played. I refuse to be a puppet on a string. I choose God. DID YOU HEAR ME, SATAN? I CHOOSE GOD!!

So, go ahead, bring it! I can take it. Actually, I don't need to take it.
My God can take it.

Not long ago, I got a tattoo on my wrist of an Icthys, or as I like to call it, my Jesus fish. I know a wrist tattoo is a bold spot for a girl like me, especially because I will be a teacher some day. BUT, I feel that too regularly my focus is taken off of God's will in my life and onto the worries that come so easily to the world I live in. My tattoo is a great reminder of who I want to guide my days.

Yesterday, we saw in full flesh, the workings of a ten year old pushing the boundaries. It wasn't pretty, and just got uglier throughout the day. I felt like a pawn every time I gave into an argument, or I rolled my eyes, or raised my voice. A string on my hand.
Last night, I held tight to my prideful attitude and justified my meanness. A string on my other hand.
Today, we got word via the newspaper that my husband may be laid off. I cried and got angry. A string on my foot.
I chose to read my bible, worship, and be alone with God for a bit. He reminded me that he has called me to things, and my joy is in him, so whether I feel like it or not, my job is to obey. He reminded me that my future comes from him, not the articles in the newspaper or even my husband's job. He said he loves me. And I said, "I am praying to you because I know you will answer, O God. Bend down and listen as I pray." ~ Psalm 17:6, NLT
Snip, Snip, Snip. Back to square one.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Satan can suck it. You are doing great my friend. I see Jesus in your life very clearly...and I see that rotten "other guy" trying to mess with you in oh so many ways. Good post...you are a warrior.

A Bit Of Everything said...

I don't even like putting a capital letter in his name. satan sucks! I am praying for you friend.

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing you said some good things that all of us need to pay attention to. Thank you Lord you show us and guide us when we are "off".

Joelle said...

I need you to live closer to me so I can give you a hug. Your words are great reminders to us. I felt satan attacking last week and I too cut the strings and have been trusting in our Lord. I wish I did that all the time, not just when feeling attacked.

Jessie said...

I can't wait to go up there and see you and hug you and EVERYTHING. cause you know what? you inspire me a lot. Even when you share dumb crap you are going through. Cause you say out loud what the rest of us are secretly dealing with, trying not to let anyone else in on. But you have it right there so we can all see that it's not so bad and we CAN cut the strings.

shontell said...

Thanks friends. Jo, send your hugs via Jessie.

Anonymous said...

the devil always attacks when you do what is right. he also can attack when you make a mistake. keep on. love Helen