This Where the Nonsense Turns to Makesense

..A large family working to perfect our sweet skills: Loving others, making an impact, parenting on purpose, living simply, and embracing sarcasm.

Monday, February 23, 2009

Family Vacation


This picture is from the archives of the Dahir family. I wish I could say that woman in the pic is my mom, but she is a friend of the family. Notice all the memories: knee high socks all around, the awesomeness that is wearing the shirt over the shoulders. One might argue why wear one at all if it isn't going to cover the important parts. I love the touristy look, the scenery, the family happiness exuding from our faces, the hats. Seriously, what's going on with the hats? Is it a statement? To me, they say "I am hoping to recreate the effects of a lunar eclipse everywhere this hike will take me." I can't help myself, but I am jealous of those hats. Not their ability to shade a half mile radius; I am jealous because wearing them means the family is on vacation. I yearn for a family vacation with my own little tykes. I am really to the point that I don't care wear we go. I just want to go. And, no offense, I don't want anyone else to go. Just me, The Man, and those little crazies I have birthed over the past 11 years.

4 comments:

A Bit Of Everything said...

I love Knee High Socks! Yes, I am stuck in the era! Help me, Help me!
I have tons of pics with knee highs, hats, and whatever came into camera's view!

secret word: ablegaz - whatever!

Unknown said...

that. is. the. best. Seriously...it could be an 80's ad. You will get a vacation. God knows you deserve one!

kris and mel said...

omg my husband is SEXXXY!

(ooh, and my word ver is TAZZLIN--i love that. like dazzlin' and terrific. mixed together. perfect.)

Erica said...

I know the vacation yearnings. Isn't it funny that to rest and regather, one needs some extended close family bonding time. Those people we spend all week with :)