This Where the Nonsense Turns to Makesense

..A large family working to perfect our sweet skills: Loving others, making an impact, parenting on purpose, living simply, and embracing sarcasm.

Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Prayers Please

*

















My husband, the fire fighter, is at the mercy of some upcoming decisions from the city council and other "they"s we hear about all the time. We really have no say in what happens. We get to wait and hear with everyone else whether he gets to keep his job or not. I have faith that God has not brought us all the way over the mountains we had to climb to get to this point just to take it all away, and I also know that He loves us. I am trying to be accepting of whatever comes my way. That doesn't mean I don't want the prayers. Please pray:

for the decision makers to remember there are families heavily affected by the choices they make.

That they will be dealing with accurate facts rather than the nonsense they have been using up to this point.

that God will provide clarity to all involved.

and that we will not waiver in our faith while we ride out the storm.

* Please disregard the comma in the picture. I had nothing to do with it.

8 comments:

Erica said...

I read some about it on RGJ. Of course,that isn't the complete story. I thought of you and your family. We'll be praying

scoeyd said...

Prayer dittos.

Jenene said...

You're in my prayers!

Clearly, the people, who made the poster, need, prayer, too.

how funny is this? my word verification is SUCKA

A Bit Of Everything said...

I am totally praying for you and family. In the meantime, I am listening to Rick Springfield's, Jessie's Girl! OH My! I thought I was old! Am I really dating myself if I told ya, I actually saw him in concert? HEE HEE
Enjoy your weekend with your buddies and I will be by around three to pick up the man for some Chuck E. Cheese token winnin'

Joelle said...

Praying for you friend!

Murdoc said...

Boom.

Jessie said...

Dude. Friend. Praying. They should know better than to disregard public safety like that. And I am asking specifically for PEACE in the midst of your storm. love love and hugs to you guys.

No(dot dot)el said...

praying and wondering if you have heard anything else?