This Where the Nonsense Turns to Makesense

..A large family working to perfect our sweet skills: Loving others, making an impact, parenting on purpose, living simply, and embracing sarcasm.

Friday, October 16, 2009

Conversations With My Kids


Mini-van conversations are the best. Those of you who do not own one, will not believe me, but tis true. For instance, today on our way home from dropping off taller children at youth group, I began asking Eli about the book he is reading, Bud, Not Buddy. Here is a tidbit:


Eli: I am at the part where that guy picks him up in his car.

Me: ooh, I like that part. Do you think that guy is going to be nice, or do you think he is rotten and trying to kidnap Bud?


Eli: He is trying to kidnap him.

Me: nope. He ends up being a really nice guy.


Addison: I don't like kidnaps. I like to stay awake. Well, if I am tired, MAYBE, but mostly I like to stay awake.

Me: good to know.


Layla: ahahahaa Addison, that doesn't even make any sense.


Conversations like these do not take place OUTside of mini-vans.

2 comments:

Erica said...

man, Shontell your kids are hilarious!

Jeni said...

Hahaha! I can totally picture Addison saying that...