This Where the Nonsense Turns to Makesense

..A large family working to perfect our sweet skills: Loving others, making an impact, parenting on purpose, living simply, and embracing sarcasm.

Monday, April 14, 2008

Feeling Great in 2008

Okay, I will only say I have not been totally slacking on my goals for 2008, but I have not added any new ones. That isn't actually true; I have been eating a lot of veggies each day. But, mostly to counteract the other crap I eat. Like tonight- we had a late lunch so we let the kids (and we participated) in ice cream sundaes for dinner. I was beginning to get a complex that maybe I am not the cool mom I think I am because my kids would not believe me even when I was scooping the ice cream into their bowls. Why is this so far fetched? GASP! Maybe I am one of those lame moms that hangs around too much trying to convince her kids and her kids' friends she is cool! Argh.
Anyway, I got dressed to exercise many times this weekend, but only managed to do weights and push ups. I was too sore from the insane amount of gardening I did. Let me point out I had a teen age helper BUT completely lacked any man help. Ladies, listen up! This is over rated. Do NOT take on these sorts of projects on your husband's weekend away. My hands hurt so badly last night after three days of prepping my yard, I could not actually mash the mashed potatoes. Eli loved them. They were still yum, just a tad lumpy.
I DID manage to dig two holes-one for the tether ball pole, which I later sunk and buried, and the other for my new Granny Smith Apple tree. It is the perfect focal point outside of my kitchen window. I also cleared a 20x 20 section of Moby essence, rocks, and other oddities, tilled the dirt, laid a brick border, and laid 8 bags of topsoil. mm yummy. Plus, we met a really great gentleman at Home Depot to help load our car and wave hello to when we go back all summer long. He is at least 65, white hair, and the thickest German accent I have heard in a long time. His name is Milan and he made me recount my entire native history in hopes of finding a bit of German in me. He said Eli is a spitting image of me, only he looks very German. He was very accurate. And, my children love him.
NOW, I am exhausted. I must sleep.

2 comments:

digapigmy said...

i've discovered that it is psychologically impossible for a kid to think their own parent is cool. this barrier breaks at some point after they move out or the parent dies, but is pretty much intact from about 10 years old until then.

digapigmy said...

and i watched your dan in real life last night.

it was pretty good, but i hated the middle daughter. she was stuck up, rude, disrespectful, and at times in the movie the "smart" adults seemed to think that she had some sort of redeeming qualities. in real life, she'll be knocked up and fail junior year of high school. good times.