This Where the Nonsense Turns to Makesense

..A large family working to perfect our sweet skills: Loving others, making an impact, parenting on purpose, living simply, and embracing sarcasm.

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

What is in store


There really isn't much happening around the Brewer Maxi Pad. We are keeping busy and preparing for the end of school.

MIKE-
is busy with his new job and loving it. He has picked up lots of overtime, and God is blessing us through that. He is also elbow deep in his EMT class at TMCC. Tuesdays and Thursdays. I will be happy when that is over.
ME-
I am in a Psychology class, my last class before I begin my upper division classes. I am also trying to get all of the curtains settled on each window. I really never realized how difficult this is. We have a LOT of windows. As previously posted, I am waiting on the weather to warm up so I can plant all of my veggies.
ISABELLE -
(who prefers everyone to call her Izzy only because she gets irritated when people spell her name wrong) has two months left of school. I am surprised she hasn't made one of those paper chain count downs. She is a munchkin named Curly in her schools upcoming production of The Wizard of Oz. I am extremely excited to watch it.
ELI & LAYLA-
are happy our school days are shorter which leaves time for the important stuff, like bike and scooter riding, sidewalk chalk, and new neighborhood friends. Layla Grace just finished her third box in her reading set and Elijah just started reading his first chapter book. I was thrilled with both of them.
THE SQUIRREL AND THE FISH-
Mostly run around the house and play/argue/scratch/bite/giggle. They give new depth to the meaning of a love/hate relationship. This morning Sam put together his first group of words. Luckily for me they were directed at me while I was getting dressed. He said, "you're ew," then laughed maniacally and ran away. Special. They don't know it yet, but this fall they will get me all to themselves between the hours of 8am and 2:30pm. Eli, Layla Grace, and Isabelle will be full time students at the Coral Academy of Science. We are all really looking forward to this new phase. And I am confident in my parenting skills to say "previous phase complete" with each of them.

4 comments:

digapigmy said...

very cool. i'm glad that you are making such great strides. you and mike are incredible to juggle all that you do.

dylan played his first t-ball game yesterday, and is almost done with his first box of hop. he's suddenly jumped into reading full force, which is exciting. full days at school next year -- this will free up lolita to start taking some classes at tmcc. lots of fun.

shontell said...

Dig- isn't it weird? I feel like I won't know what to do with myself next school year. I keep reminding myself I will probably be potty training and beginning preschool with these guys, but it just seems so small compared to life 24/7 with short people.
YAY for Dylan's t-ball game AND reading. We use HOP also. Eli is on the chapter books of box 2 and Miss Layla just started box 4. Iam just glad to see that three of the five at least aren't dumb as rocks.

Michon said...

You are my hero Shontell.
I can not even BEGIN to imagine being with them all 24/7. Anyhow not without the help of Vailum. I understand that is not OTC yet so I am out of luck.
Hope you have a great time next fall. Be seeing you around I hope.

Unknown said...

my friend, you inspire me.